Friday, March 18, 2011

Puffy Apple Pancakes

These are so good!

1 T butter (I use extra virgin olive oil - you won't taste it)
1/2 cup sugar + 2T (I use an equivalent amt of agave)
3 med granny smith apples, peeled and cut into 8 slices
3 lg eggs (I use 1 egg and an equivalent amount of egg white)
3/4 cups skim milk (I use almond milk)
3/4 cup all purpose flour (I use gluten free flour)
1/8 t salt

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In large skillet, heat butter, 1/2 c sugar, and 1/4 c water to boil. Add apple wedges and cook about 15 minutes. I add about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to apples. Blend eggs, milk, flour, salt, and 2T sugar in separate bowl. When apples are golden, transfer to pie dish. Pour flour mixture over apples. Bake for 15 minutes. No butter or syrup necessary. Tastes like apple pie!

serves 8
I use 1% milk so it comes out to about 134 calories per slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment