Saturday, September 19, 2009

Crockpot Chops and Gravy

The gravy is all ready when this is done cooking, no need to thicken it or anything. This recipe can be made in you regular oven also, but I love the crock pot and have only cooked it that way. So easy and delicious!



Crock Pot Chops and Gravy

4 lean pork chops
4 T soy sauce ( will probably use less than this since even low-sodium still has lots of salt)
1/2 C sliced mushrooms (I never add this since my family opposes mushrooms)
1/2 tsp pepper (I never measure my pepper, I always just do what I feel looks good)
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 medium onion, sliced or diced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley

Place pork chops crock pot (or in baking dish for oven). Lay onion slices (I chopped mine but you could do rings also) over pork chops. Mix the rest of ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork chops. Cook on low in crock pot for 5-6 hours (or in oven on 350 for 1 hour). Note: After baking I remove the chops and strain the gravy. This way I have a smooth gravy and I reserve the onions (and mushrooms if you use them) for those who like them to put them on their chops.

SOURCE: Real Mom Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment