Monday, November 8, 2010

Pumpkin Hummus

I find I eat more crudites (raw veggies) if I'm dipping them in 2 tbsp of some kind of hummus, so I'll be giving this a try for sure.

Looking for something unique and healthy to spice up your next football party? Then you’ll score some extra points if you whip up a batch of this Pumpkin & Spice Hummus.

Hummus is one of my favorite appetizers. Not only do I love the taste, but I also love that it’s a healthy alternative to mayonnaise-based dips.

While hummus is traditionally made with chickpeas, I like to shake it up a little just in the fall by using pumpkin puree instead. Here’s my favorite recipe for…

Pumpkin & Spice Hummus

  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Place all ingredients, with the exception of the parsley, in a food processor (or your high speed blender), and process until smooth. Add parsley and pulse until blended.

Spoon hummus into a cute serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds, if desired.

Serve with veggies or with toasted whole wheat pita or tortillas. To toast your pita or tortillas, simply spray them with olive oil baking spray, place on a cookie sheet, and bake under the broiler until crispy. Then, cut with a pizza cutter and serve.


SOURCE: http://blogs.livewellnebraska.com/2010/11/06/spice-up-the-party-with-pumpkin-hummus/

No comments:

Post a Comment