Saturday, March 14, 2009

Marking and Rotating Food in A Deep Freezer

Courtesy An Warnke-Healthy Exchanges List

Marking- I try to rotate what we buy in the freezer as we put it in. The
only stuff I usually mark is stuff I made that I freeze, cut up vegetables,
meats, breads, I write what it is and the date I made and froze it, more
recently I write the amount too. 2c., 1 1/2 c.

I have also been known to add
a freezer bag to store marked meats leaving the store tag on for
information. It has been a long time since I did this but one store used to
have a deep discount on the Giant sized packages of meat (like Hamburger
5-8#) I would bring it home write 1#, date and hamburger on it and freeze
them. If it was getting close to the 6 months I would brown it and freeze it
again with the new date saying it was browned hamburger, 1# and the new
date, in a new freezer bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment