Found this recipe on thatsfit.com. Tried it out this morning for breakfast and was NOT disappointed. As a matter of fact, this easily replaces my standard french toast recipe, and lets me feel good about eating it, rather than guilty, so YAY!
3 egg whites
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. Splenda
1 ripe banana
8 slices whole wheat bread
reduced calorie maple syrup (optional) <---I use Walden Farms. It's the one product of theirs that I don't find repulsive
1. In a shallow bowl, using a wire whisk, beat the egg whites, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and Splenda.
2. Mash the banana with a fork and add to egg mixture. Mix well to combine.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
4. Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Dip 4 of the bread slices into the egg mixture, turning to coat, and drain excess back into the dish.
5. Place the bread slices in the skillet. Cook until golden brown, turning once, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
6. Transfer cooked slices to plate; keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
7. Divide French toast among serving plates and top with maple syrup, if desired.
Nutrition Content, Per Serving:
126 calories, 28g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, 12g protein, 2g fat, 0g sat. fat, 349mg sodium