* 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
* 1 cup frozen pearl onions
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup dry red wine
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 bay leaf
* 4 skinless breast instead to lower the fat level
* Chicken broth (optional)
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I use a gluten-free flour for my needs)
* Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
* Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
1. In a 5-1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker, combine mushrooms and pearl onions. Stir in the 1/2 cup broth, the wine, tomato paste, garlic salt, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and bay leaf. Add chicken legs to cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter. Discard bay leaf. Cover chicken and vegetables and keep warm.
4. For sauce: Skim fat from cooking liquid. Measure 2 cups of the cooking liquid, adding additional chicken broth, if necessary, to equal 2 cups total liquid. Transfer liquid to a medium saucepan. In a small bowl, stir the 1/4 cup broth into the flour; stir into liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken. Pass remaining sauce. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
* Total Fat (g)9,
* Saturated Fat (g)2,
* Cholesterol (mg)159,
* Sodium (mg)548,
* Carbohydrate (g)9,
* Fiber (g)1,
* Protein (g)43,
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet