SUGAR SNAP SALAD
Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup each)
Source: "The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook"
- 3 cups sugar snap peas (8 ounces), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch-long slivers
Cook peas in lightly salted boiling water in a medium
saucepan until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and
rinse under cold running water.
Whisk vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Add scallions, bell pepper and the peas; toss to coat.
Serve within 1 hour.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (3/4 cup each):
Calories: 104, Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrate: 9 g,
Protein: 2 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sodium: 153 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 1-1/2 Fat