I'm going to make these with evaporated milk and put them in the crockpot to keep warm.
Make-Ahead Party Mashed Potatoes
Yield: 20 servings
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 0 min
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 cups water
- 12 tablespoons ( 1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, cubed and softened or neufchatel for lower calories
- 2 cups milk or ff evaporated milk
- 1 (16 oz.) container ff sour cream
- 1 (15.3 oz.) package Hungry Jack® Mashed Potatoes
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- Chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Heat water, butter, garlic salt and onion salt to boiling in a 6-quart Dutch oven or saucepan. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, milk and sour cream, stirring until cream cheese is dissolved.
- STIR in potato flakes, mixing until all ingredients are well combined. Spread mashed potato mixture into prepared pan.
- SPRINKLE with paprika and bake 1 hour or until bubbling around edges and golden brown. Top with chopped bacon and parsley, if desired.
- To make with Pet Evaporated Milk: Heat 7 1/2 cups water with butter, garlic salt and onion salt. Replace 2 cups milk with 1 (12 oz.) can Pet Evaporated Milk.
- Before adding paprika and baking, potato mixture can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. Sprinkle with paprika and bake as directed above.