Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
This recipe was created especially for Richard Paul Evans' PROMISE ME by Chef Shawn Bucher, author of The First Timer’s Cookbook and Nancy Miles, author of In Good Taste: Create Your Own Family History Cookbook. They spent a lot of time experimenting and I personally had the pleasure of trying several different versions until they settled on what they considered was PERFECTION. The topping is awesome too. I invite you to check out their cookbooks as well. I've posted their links at the bottom of the page. ENJOY!
Makes 1 ½ dozen
8 Tbs (1 stick) melted butter
1 cup white granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbs baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2½ cups cake flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp lemon zest
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and gather all ingredients together.
2. Mix the sugar, lemon zest, butter and egg together until soft and thick
3. Mix the baking powder, cake flour, salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Add in the frozen blueberries to the dry ingredients and lightly coat (make sure they are frozen and hard).
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet egg and sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
5. Spray muffin containers very well with cooking spray.
6. Distribute batter evenly between 18 baking cups, putting directly in the muffin tin.
7. Cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes and remove from oven and let cool for 15 to 20 minutes before removing from baking pan.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup sugar
16 oz (2 pkgs) cream cheese
½ tsp cinnamon
1- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
2- Place desired amount of frosting on each muffin top after muffin cools.
Shawn’s link is: http://www.firsttimerscookbook.com/ and the You Tube is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T5N7Czjy4k
Nancy’s Link is: http://www.nancymilesingoodtaste.com/ and the You Tube is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVXDJAz33g