Cajun Chicken Bites with Raspberry Mustard Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 8 Servings
- Ready In Time 35 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsps. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp.cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 tbsps. Crisco® Light Olive Oil, divided or 12 tbsps. Crisco® Puritan Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA, divided
- 4 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into 1-inch pieces
RASPBERRY MUSTARD SAUCE
- 1 cup Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
- 2 tbsps. Dijon mustard, or to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Combine the flour, pecans, oregano, cumin, thyme, cayenne and salt in a shallow dish.
- Place 6 tablespoons of the oil in a small, shallow dish. Dip each chicken piece first in the oil, then in the flour mixture to coat well.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the chicken pieces and sauté until browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Serve the chicken bites with toothpicks and Raspberry Mustard Dipping Sauce.
- Raspberry Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Combine the preserves with the mustard in a small bowl. For a spicy version, add hot sauce to taste. Yield: 8 servings.
Cajun Chicken Bites with Raspberry Mustard Dipping Sa