Friday, October 2, 2009

Paulissa's Tuna Noodle Casserole

3 c. uncooked whole wheat noodles
2 cans tuna in water, rinsed and drained
1 c. sliced celery
1/2 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
1 onion, chopped (I like to use red onions for a little color)
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 can cream of celery soup (or whatever cream of _____ you like)
1/2 c. 2% milk (I use non-fat dry milk and reconstitute it to make the required amt.)
1 c. reduced fat Cheddar cheese

NOTE: If you would like your veggies a little less crunchy, toss them in with the noodles.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.

Spray oven safe baking dish with cooking spray; combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Add noodles and stir well to combine.

Cover and bake 45 minutes or until heated through.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to make this item this weekend. It looks so tasty. Actually. My wife always tell that I am very bad cook but this weekend, I will show her that I can make good dishes too!
    neurodermitis

    ReplyDelete
  2. You show her you can find your way around the kitchen. I hope she likes this dish.

    ReplyDelete