1 c. chopped almonds
1/3 c. unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Grind ingredients in processor until mixture sticks together. Press evenly onto bottom of pan. Bake crust until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool completely. Wrap outside of pan in triple layer of heavy-duty foil.
- (3) 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Large pinch of salt
Using mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon peel in large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then pumpkin, yogurt, flour, vanilla, spices, and salt. Pour into pan.
Set springform pan in roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cheesecake. Place in oven. Bake until outer 3 inches puff slightly and center is softly set, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool in water bath 30 minutes. Remove from water. Cut around sides of cake to loosen. Refrigerate in pan until cold, about 4 hours. Cover and chill overnight.