Peaches & Cream French Toast
Wake up your sleepyheads with the wonderfully warm aroma of peaches and brown sugar in this delectable breakfast bake. Susan Westerfield - Albuquerque, NM
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced fat margarine, cubed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches in lite juice, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) Neufchatel, cubed
- 6 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups fat free half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
SOURCE: Taste of Home
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange peaches in dish. Place half of the bread cubes over peaches.
- Layer with cream cheese and remaining bread. Place the eggs, cream
- and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over
- top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.