Monday, July 27, 2009

Mom's Applesauce Pancakes

These are a favorite in our house!!

Mom's Applesauce Pancakes

Submitted by: Shirley Smith
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 135 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes Ready In: 30 Minutes
Yields: 4 servings

"This was passed down from my mother. I don't know where she
got it, but it was always a special request at brunches.
Serve with maple syrup or apple butter."

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups dry pancake mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, stir together pancake mix and cinnamon.
Make a well in the center of the pancake mix. Add the eggs,
applesauce, lemon juice and milk; stir until smooth.

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium
high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using
approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides
and serve hot.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007
Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 2/26/2008

Servings Per Recipe: 4


2 comments:

  1. I love this! My brother has a Granny Smith apple tree that he hates and he gives me the apples every year. I make apple pie filling, applesauce, and apple butter. I'm always looking for new ways to use applesauce and apple butter, so I will definitely have to try this! We also love applesauce chicken in the crockpot. It's almost apple time, so I need to use up the rest of last year's harvest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are good; I like to make double batches of pancakes, cook the extras and freeze them for a splurge breakfast during the week.

    ReplyDelete