Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pot Roast Soup

I have really started using my crock pot lately. Last night we 
had Pot Roast Soup from Potful pg 125. It was very good.
We had a roast on Sunday and I used the leftover meat and
gravy for this soup.

The roast I also cooked in the crock. 1 can of beef broth, 1 can golden mushroom soup and 1 roast.

Pot Roast Soup, serves 6

1 1/2 c diced cooked lean roast beef
1 1/2 c sliced carrots
1 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped onion
2 c diced raw potatoes
1 (10 3/4 ox) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
3/4 c hot water (I just use the juice from the roast)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 (12 oz) jar Heinz Fat Free Beef Gravy

Spray a slow cooker container w butter-flavored cooking spray.
In prepared container, combine roast, carrots, celery, onion
and potatoes. Stir in tomato soup, parsley, water & pepper.
Add gravy. Mix well to combine.

Cover & cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Mix well vefore serving.

HE 1 1/3 Protein, 1 Vegetable, 1/3 Bread, 1/2 Slider,
15 Optional Calories

172 Calories, 4 gm Fat, 13 gm Protein, 21 gm Carbohydrate, 595 mg
Sodium, 25 mg Calcium, 2 gm Fiber

Diabetic - 1 Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1 Starch/Carbohydrate

2 comments:

  1. Paulissa, I love your new blogs. I am feeling half way human again and am enjoying looking at your recipes.

    I love this soup recipe. We have had it several times.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of my favorites; I think it was you who pointed me to it. The stuffed green pepper soup is a family favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete