We loved the flavor of this squash. I left the skin on, but it would be good without it as well.
Acorn squash has 3 different colors to their skin: orange, dark green, or tan. Press the acorn squash all around to make sure it doesn’t have any soft spots. This will help you pick a good-tasting one. Store the squash in an airy dry spot for up to 3 weeks. Do not refrigerate.
- 1 large acorn squash (about 1 ½ lbs), cut into quarters (remove seeds)
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the squash skin side down in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the squash with the cinnamon, salt, and pepper and drizzle with the honey.
- Bake uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until browned at the edges, and very tender when pierced with a fork.
Per Serving: 66 cal/0g fat/2g fiber/17g carbs/77mg sodium/1g protein *1
Resource: ~~Prevention Fiber Up, Slim Down Cookbook