Golden Mashed Potatoes, Cauliflower and Carrots
Servings | 8
Preparation Time | 18 min
Cooking Time | 20 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
Yukon Gold potatoes have a naturally creamy, buttery
taste and texture making them a smart choice for
skinny mashed spuds.
We also added carrots and cauliflower for very
low calorie color, volume and flavor.
* 6 small Yukon Gold potato(es), peeled,
cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 1/4 lb)
* 1 pound cauliflower, florets
* 3/4 pound baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
* 4 medium garlic clove(s), peeled
* 1 1/2 tsp table salt, divided
* 1/2 cup fat-free skim milk
* 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
* 1/2 oz Butter Buds Powdered Mix, or similar product
* 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
* 1/4 cup scallion(s), sliced
* Place potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, garlic and 1
teaspoon of salt in a large saucepan.
Add enough water to cover ingredients; bring
to a boil. Boil until vegetables are tender,
about 15 minutes. Drain; return to saucepan.
* Stir in milk, sour cream, Butter Buds, remaining
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Whip with mixer
until creamy and stir in scallions. Transfer to bowl
and serve. 3/4 cup per serving
You can make this recipe one day in advance and then
reheat it in the microwave.