- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds chicken thighs and/or drumsticks, skinned (I make this leaner and use frozen chicken breasts - frozen don't dry out as they cook
- 1 16-ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix (look for reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place chicken pieces in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, dry soup mix, and tapioca. Pour over chicken pieces.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.