Yield: 4 servings
Source: "The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook"
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds),
skinned and trimmed of fat
Stir together yogurt, onion and garlic in a shallow glass dish.
Add lemon juice, cilantro, paprika, cumin, turmeric, ginger, salt,
pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Add chicken and coat well. Cover and
marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Coat a wire rack with
cooking spray and set it over a foil-covered baking
sheet. Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
Bake the chicken until browned and no trace of pink
remains in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe):
Calories: 227, Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 87 mg,
Carbohydrate: 8 g, Protein: 27 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sodium: 398 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 4 Lean Meat